Memorial Day weekend is the official kickoff of summer. The U.S. holiday remembers those who gave their lives while in service, and is a day of reflection, patriotism, and celebration. If you’re hosting a Memorial Day weekend get-together — whether it is a picnic, BBQ, or beach party — here is a recipe that will delight your guests and start the summer off right. While many visitors will probably be eating out this weekend! The staff from Heart of Nantucket will be grilling shrimp and lobster for friends and family.
Lobster Salad Roll Recipe:
- 4 (1 1/2-pound) cooked lobsters or 4 lobster tails or 1 1/2 pounds lobster meat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 inner celery stalks and leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 rolls, split and lightly toasted
- Melted butter, for brushing
Remove the meat from the lobsters, chopping any large chunks into bite-size pieces. In a bowl, combine the lobster meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cook’s Note: Place lobster salad in refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes. This allows the salad to absorb the flavorings.
Brush cut sides of the rolls with melted butter and fill with the lobster salad.
Recipe courtesy Deen Brothers